Sharing Qualitative Survey Results in Viewable Format

Options

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to display qualitative survey results in an easy-to-read format. Here's some background.

Someone created a survey with over 10 open-ended questions and asked over 10 people to respond. This resulted in receiving over 100 unique responses. Some of the responses are as short as 5 words, but some other responses are over 250+ words!

Displaying a chart is out of the question, I'm sure. The report function seems to only show the beginning of the response. You have to click on the cell to see the full response. It's not easy to read.

With that said, is there another way to display these 100+ unique responses within Smartsheet in an easy-to-read format?

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Robert O.

In the sheet where the long survey answers reside - have you tried formatting those columns as text-wrapped? Reports follow the same formatting as the sheet. Will this solve your problem?

Kelly

• Robert O.
    Options

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the suggestion. The text-wrapped feature is helpful, although the volume of questions/columns means there is a lot of scrolling back and forth.

I'll be speaking with a stakeholder soon to obtain feedback on the report and how it looks with the text-wrapped feature. Fingers crossed.

• Megan Finn
    Options

Hi Robert,

Having this same question come up about qualitative data. Did you find a solution within Smartsheet?