Error has occurred and the Smartsheet.com team has been notified

Options

I am testing a new form I've created that has automation. I have one co-worker that is able to run through the workflow just fine. The other co-worker gets a "Sorry - an error has occurred and the Smartsheet.com team has been notified" message.

Any ideas?

Answers

• EvermoreCoffee
    Options

Hi @EKunze,

This one is a bit tricky to diagnose, without knowing the details of the workflow. I would check and confirm that both employees have the same access to your Smartsheet resources.

If their access is identical and the workflow handles dates, I would next check to ensure their regional preferences are the same (Smartsheet shows their UTC formatted date to end user the date, in their preferred regional format, which can sometimes persist onto other sheets (if quickly moving/copying rows) and has triggered similar errors for me).

If the above looks fine, next step would be to look at how they are accessing Smartsheet to test the automation (browser, desktop, mobile, etc etc).

Next step would be to have the employee who is receiving this error log into their Smartsheet account on another device and test the automation (assuming the employee has access to another device for testing).

Hope this helps the troubleshooting!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @EKunze

I hope you're well and safe!

Try these troubleshooting steps first.

• Check the Smartsheet Status page if there are any reported issues: https://status.smartsheet.com/
    • Log out / in again
    • Try a different browser
    • Try the browsers in Private/Incognito mode
    • If possible, check if other users have the same issue

If the steps above don't solve it, and if you haven't already, I recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team and provide the results of the troubleshooting steps above.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.