Tracking changes in Smartsheet

Options

Is it possible to track any changes made to the "End date" in Smartsheet and either send a message or reflect the change in a Report or Dashboard. It should also reflect the change e.g. "end date" of Task A changed from 08-20-22 to 08-14-22.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Sibali_B

Create an automation that uses the Copy Row action to a new sheet whenever changes are made to the End Date column. You'll also want another automation to Copy Row whenever a new row is added so you'll have the initial baseline of what was in the End Date column when the row is created. Then on your main sheet you can write formulas to INDEX(COLLECT what the values were changed from and to.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sibali_B

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored using the Baseline feature?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sibali_B
    Options

Hi Mike, I used your suggestion to use automation. The problem is that the rows have predecessors and changing once row, changes numerous other rows as well and they all get copied in the new sheet and hence its difficult to understand in which row the actual change has been made.