Using Forms to Create a Survey

Options

Ok. I understand and am creating a form to conduct a survey.

The thing is, what my customer wants to do is:

• Send out the survey to the customer base
  • Receive the feedback, that will be placed mapped to the columns in the underlying sheet
  • Freeze the data [rows] in the underlying sheet, where the data received in the survey go to

Then they want:

• To send out the survey monthly, [same questions on data requested as in the 1st survey]
  • And have the data [feedback] received from the survey, to map to columns in the underlying sheet

Question:

• Can I create an automation that would send out the survey each month?
  • Can I create an automation that when the data [feedback] is received, it creates a new row in the columns in the underling sheet?

The customer wants to be able to see comparisons of each months data [feedback]

Has anyone done something like this before?

Thank you for your assistance in advance

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @GMay

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend one of these two methods.

• Workflow with an Alert that includes the link to the form sent monthly.
    • Add a so-called helper sheet where the form will be added and send out the form as the first step. You'd then use a Workflow that copies the row to the main sheet when updates are made or when row(s) are added (including the initial form). Then you'd use a monthly Workflow with an Update Request where they can submit the survey each month (You could keep some information and delete others with another Workflow and Action).

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.