Can I make certain cells confidential?

I am looking to be able to keep cells confidential so only the user who inputs the information can view the data in that cell. Hiding the Column/ row would only work if somehow I could create a form that would allow each user to input information to the same line item periodically. The data will be entered weekly and need to be kept within the same line item as that would define the user entering the information. Is there a way to keep cells confidential? Or perhaps a way to create multiple forms that are line specific?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Have you looked into Update Requests? They can be set up to send on a recurring basis and will update the row it is being sent out for instead of creating a new row.

Users do not need any access to the sheet at all to be able to fill out an update request and you can limit what fields are shown.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Have you looked into Update Requests? They can be set up to send on a recurring basis and will update the row it is being sent out for instead of creating a new row.

Users do not need any access to the sheet at all to be able to fill out an update request and you can limit what fields are shown.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• The update request worked great, just running into an issue where the users receiving the request are not able to enter their data. No text box shows up. I tested the request prior to sending and I have a box on my end where I can enter information. Do i need to allow them access to the sheet?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You should not need to give them access to the sheet. Are you able to provide screenshots?

10xViz.com