How can I allow a user to attach an updated document to the "update request" form?

Is there a special setting I need to have on the form to allow an updated document to be added to the request? What does the user need to do when they receive this notice and have a proof to return?

Thank you very much,

YCRock

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you set the bottom portion of the automation to include all fields or specific fields?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Rocky
    Rocky ✭✭✭

Thank you for your answer. Yes. Specific fields. The workflow we set is for approvals and rejections. If rejected, the person should be able to attach a new/updated document. If I choose file attachments, would that field be provided when the rejection email is sent to to the customer?

Thank you very much,

YCRock

• Rocky
    Rocky ✭✭✭

I did update the workflow adding a file attachments field. However, it does not provide me with the avenue to upload a revised document. What would I need to do to make that happen?

Thank you very much,

YCRock

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You may need to switch over to an Update Request instead of an Approval workflow. Approval workflows only allow you to approve or decline. Update Requests allow you to "edit" fields which would also allow you to "edit" the attachments (attach a new item).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Rocky
    Rocky ✭✭✭
    edited 09/13/22

Thank you for your quick response! I've pasted the workflow here. What I'm not seeing through testing is when an updated document is provided, notification to the approver doesn't go out. Do I need to add it to the bottom of the update request flow?

Thank you very much,

YCRock