Best Way to Send a Workflow Email to a Group

Ron Br.
Ron Br.
edited 09/14/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I need to send an email to a group of people using workflow.

I don't think workflow allows you to send something to a Smartsheet group. I know you can send an email to specific people or contacts in a cell. Any ideas/thoughts on the best way to do this, please?

Thanks,

Ron

Best Answer

• Wilen FL
    Wilen FL ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Ron Br.

I'd suggest you ask your IT department to create the email group. My employer uses Microsoft 365, and email groups are common. We have groups within groups. Once created, add this email address to your Smartsheet contacts and then add it to your workflows.

To add a contact: 

1. Click the Account icon (person) in the bottom left corner and select My Smartsheet Contacts. 
    2. Click the blue Add button, fill in the pop-up form (Name & Email Address) and finish by clicking Ok.

I hope it helps.

Answers

• Wilen FL
    Wilen FL ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Ron Br.

I'd suggest you ask your IT department to create the email group. My employer uses Microsoft 365, and email groups are common. We have groups within groups. Once created, add this email address to your Smartsheet contacts and then add it to your workflows.

To add a contact: 

1. Click the Account icon (person) in the bottom left corner and select My Smartsheet Contacts. 
    2. Click the blue Add button, fill in the pop-up form (Name & Email Address) and finish by clicking Ok.

I hope it helps.

• Thank you very much, Wilen.