How to Trigger a Update Request Multiple times.

Hi, I am unable to create a workflow logic to raise a update request multiple times.

My Logic is working only for 1 time , When User Submits his request in form,

I get a update request in email to update the status,

I am just adding comments in the Update request form and submit.

Here.. Work Logic should trigger again, since Current Status I did not changed , it is still

"In Progress"

I am Expecting a new Update Request Mail again but i am not getting request !!

Can anyone suggest what is wrong in my logic.

Best Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Naveen

Your trigger is the Current Status changing, with a condition that the Current Status be equal to "In Progress." That means in order to be triggered again, the Current Status has to change to something other than "In Progress," get saved, and then be changed back to "In Progress."

With the workflow you describe, you should just create another workflow automation that sends a new update request based on a comment being added to the row.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Naveen
    Naveen ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Jeff Reisman , Thank you for your Clarification, Hence it made me to rethink of the logic.

I Found the Missing Part in my Logic. , I added another clause in the trigger part.

it is now successfully triggering the Update Request Multiple hence until Status is Changed to "Mark as Closed"

Answers