What information can Smartsheet auto populate?

I am getting started with workspaces and would like to know if there is a way for the sheet to recognize and auto populate the email address for the individual completing the intake form without having to ask for the email address on the form. 

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Customer Service

I hope you're well and safe!

If you set the form so they have to log in to access it, you'll get the user automatically.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Andree. So, step one: I set the Smartsheet security so that anyone with a Smartsheet account can fill out a the form. Now how do I ensure the sheet will show the column with the requestor's email address? Next: how can I tell which employees in my organization have a Smartsheet account? Can all employees create a Smartsheet account? Also, please provide user friendly step by step instructions for me to share with my organization so that "creating an account" is not seen as a stumbling block to form usage. If possible, I would like to "create" the accounts for the users, and assign each one the same, easy to remember, password. Is that an option?

• Hello @Andrée Starå I appreciate your comment above. Can you also advise how I ensure the sheet will show the column with the requestor's email address? Next: how can I tell which employees in my organization have a Smartsheet account? Can all employees create a Smartsheet account? Also, please provide user friendly step by step instructions for me to share with my organization so that "creating an account" is not seen as a stumbling block to form usage. If possible, I would like to "create" the accounts for the users, and assign each one the same, easy to remember, password. Is that an option? Thank you, Dawn