Email format customization from automation.

I would like to ask, from the automation is it possible to customize the email format? Because previously, my email automation are able to send several data together as shown below.

But now I didnt do anything changes and it only can send the data separately as shown below

I will show my automation and where it links to the sheet it selves.

is it because of the updates? or there is a possible way to make it back as previously. Because no changes is apply and it suddenly become different format.

thank you

Answers

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Happy,

When a workflow rule is triggered multiple times, and close to each other, Smartsheet will combine them into one email. That is probably why you received one email for 5 update requests a while back. 

If your processes will allow it, make duplicates of your rule and disable the original. Configure the duplicates to run at various times throughout the day: 07:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 01:00 PM, 04:00 PM, etc. When the rule runs at the scheduled times, it should send just one email that includes the rows affected since it last ran.

Cheers!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Happy

I hope you're well and safe!

Placeholders will generate separate notifications when using placeholders with Alert or Update Request actions in change-based workflows if six or fewer rows are triggered simultaneously. The custom subject and body will be removed if seven or more rows are triggered at once.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.