Workflow using Docusign sending generated form to another person who is not on workflow

I am trying to schedule a workflow with a generated form to be emailed to two separate divisions within our department. The steps that I have used in WorkFlow:

1. Trigger: When Rows are added or changed = "Restriction"(This is a column in SS). = Any value
  2. Conditions (1)= Safety Inspector (Column Name) = has any of (Each row in this column has a different name with their email address).
  3. Alert= Specific people
  4. Alert = Specific people (I add the name of the safety that is in the condition section)
  5. Generate Document

The problem I am having is that one of the workflows is sending the information to the other safety person who is not supposed to be getting it. Docusign is set up with separate names as well.

There are only two safety people. The rows each only have one safety name and email to the row. Or say, the Row is assigned to only one safety person. The workflow is being emailed to the other safety person who is nowhere on the workflow. I don't understand why this is emailing the other safety person if nowhere in the workflow is the name or email to that person.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I hope you can help.

Thank you.

Answers

• Hi @Maria Michel

You note that there are two Alert action blocks in this workflow. When you say that this is sending to "Specific People", is it possible that one of the action blocks is actually sending to Contacts in a Cell instead, which is how your other safety person is receiving the alert? Or is it possible that there's a second workflow on your sheet (perhaps a duplicate or copied workflow) that's sending these emails?

If this hasn't helped, it would be useful to see a screen capture of your full workflow to see how it's set up, but please block out sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now