Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

AVG() returning divide by zero

Options
CAMERON_SWINK
CAMERON_SWINK ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello, I am trying I receive help with making a formula that will take the average of the children rows. I found a VERY similar post, and tried to use that formula, but it did not work.

The problem is that I have tried to take the average of the children rows, and display it in the Parent roll. The average is of percentages, and I am trying to make it so that they can be auto filled. I had an option in project settings to average % complete, but it would not allow me to add a formula in the column because it was a part of the project settings.

I have a function that auto populates "100%" in the column. I wanted to get an average in the parent row to then calculate an average of all the percentages. I used the =AVG(CHILDREN()) formula, but this did not work. Does any one have any suggestions?

Tags:

Comments

• SmSulli
    Options

It sounds like you have not indented the rows you want to be children (rows below parent row).  If you there are no "children" you get an  error of "#DIVIDE BY ZERO".

Shawn

This discussion has been closed.