Calendar App- Add comments and request updates

I am using the calendar app for one of my dashboards. Previously, I have been able to click into a item on the calendar and add a comment or request an update using a check box I added in. Now, it no longer lets me click on any of the details or add comments, everything is greyed out. I am the owner of the dashboard and all connected sheets. Anyone know why I can no longer edit via the dashboard calendar? Thanks!

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @Obullock

If I'm understanding you correctly, you've Published a calendar from the Calendar App and are embedding this in a Dashboard via a Web Content Widget.

Previously, you could make update (e.g. check a box) directly in the Dashboard, however now you cannot.

Is it possible that the Sharing settings for this Calendar were adjusted? The Published Link will only provide View Access to the Calendar. However, if you have Sharing turned on as well, if a user who is Shared to the Calendar (such as yourself) logs in to the Calendar App via the Web Content Widget they will be able to make Edits (since they're shared, not just seeing the Published version).

What does this screen look like for your Calendar? Can you make sure Sharing is toggled on?

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now