Requestor carry over: Form pointing to another form

I have set up an initial intake form which gives the choice to go to another form: one form or the other depends what they want, e.g. request a report or request access to a file.

With either form, the filled out request goes to the same smartsheet that captures the request regardless which form they use under the column Requestor set as Column Type: Created by.

However I cannot capture the Requestor's email/information it shows up as web-form@smartsheet.com.

How can I capture the original Requestor's email using this two stage form process?

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @markh10

I hope you're well and safe!

If you change it so the users would need to be logged in to submit, you'll automatically get who the submitter was.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• markh10
    markh10 ✭✭

Thanks Andree.

To clarify, I need to change the intake form so that the requestor needs to login?

I do not know how to get the requestor to login. Do you mean to require the requestor to add their email address to the Intake Form? Or to require them to do that for either report-dashboard or access Forms?

This is what I have now:

Intake Form

report-dashboard Form

access Form

• markh10
    markh10 ✭✭

@Andrée Starå Please see previous comment for my question to your response. Thank you.

• markh10
    markh10 ✭✭

@Andrée Starå

On the Form, there is a checkbox where it asks if the requestor wants a copy of their responses.

Can that email address be automatically put into the Contact List?

Or is the only way to capture their information is for them to manually put their email address in a input field on the Form?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@markh10

If they are logged in, you can get the information automatically.

Unfortunately, you can't get the email from the copy of the response field, but as a workaround, you could remove it and add another field in its place and then have an Alert automatically sent to them after submission.

Would that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• markh10
    markh10 ✭✭

@Andrée Starå Thanks for taking time for your help.

We have a ticket submission Form for our whole organization where everyone does not have a Smartsheet login.

I decided to change that Requestor column from Contact List properties to Text/Number and make the Requestor fill in their email manually.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@markh10

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!