Stack Ranking 1 to 100

Options

Hello,

Would like to seek your help.

We are doing a team survey on a list of 100 food items.

And we want our member to go to each it them item and stack rank them from 1 to 100

Ask :

Requirement is that each member could choose a value only once in the list.

Example :

the member will choose a value for 100 for "spaghetti bolognese"

he / she could NOT select 100, for item "pizza margherita" ,

he / she could only select any other number from 1 - 99

Could this be done if so how.

Thanks in advance

Seng

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Seng

I hope you're well and safe!

I recently developed something similar for a client using the Form Logic feature in Forms, but I don't think it will work with that many options.

You could use a sheet instead as a workaround and show a message when they select a rank already used.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Rich Coles
    Rich Coles ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Seng - agree with Andrée. Can't currently be done in a form as such. My solution would be to do it in a sheet and if you want to enhance the user experience, give them a report to do this in and use a flag to highlight ones used more than once (see image). They can then refresh the report to sort it. You can also add a section showing the rankings not used so they can reference that. Suggest using a dropdown for the ranking to restrict entries to the range you allow.

This solution clearly depends on how many people you're getting to do the ranking as you'd need to copy the sheet and report so each user has one. Also assumes Smartsheet access so this would be for internal use and not scalable for external surveys

Let me know if you want more details on this.

Rich @ Prodactive Project Solutions

• Seng
    Options

Thanks Team for the suggestion and fast response

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Seng

Happy to help!

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.