Format main item in project

Morris R
Morris R ✭✭✭✭
edited 10/05/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

Hoping to get help with the following:

Currently using Conditional formatting for "status" column to row highlight and use strike through of entire row when marked "Complete"

However, it doesn't mark the main "unindented" item header. I originally planned to manually mark it complete but with my tracking that I'm using based on "status" throws off my reporting.

Is there a way to mark one row complete and it formats another row? or multiple rows?

Example below: I want "Working Well Electrical Drops" to be greyed out and strike through in row 1 since the indented children rows 2 and 3 are "complete" (planning to use this for all the projects on this sheet)

Thank you very much!

Best Answer

• Michael Culley
    Michael Culley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would create a helper column like a checkbox column.

In that column I would do something like this:

=IFERROR(IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN([Status]@row), "complete") / COUNT(CHILDREN([Project]@row)) = 1, 1, 0), 0)

Then do a conditional format where if the helper column is checked, do the strike through to the Project cell.

Hope that helps.

Answers

• Michael Culley
    Michael Culley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would create a helper column like a checkbox column.

In that column I would do something like this:

=IFERROR(IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN([Status]@row), "complete") / COUNT(CHILDREN([Project]@row)) = 1, 1, 0), 0)

Then do a conditional format where if the helper column is checked, do the strike through to the Project cell.

Hope that helps.

• Morris R
    Morris R ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Michael

That worked well

Most Appreciated!