Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Row Alerts

Hi

I am wanting to add a row alert to all rows in my smartsheet, but wondering if there was a easier way of doing this than individually?

I want an alert to be sent to the person assigned to the row task, and alerted on the start and due date for their tasks.

The alert function on the bottom tab of the sheet only seems to allows an alert for the column start/end date, not the individual row.

Erin

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Erin, 

The alert tab watches the column you select and then sends the reminder on whichever row matches the criteria. So if you select the due date row and say on the start... then whenever a row's date matches the current day it will send that row. 

To do what you are wanting you will need to set up two reminders. One for the start column and one for the due column. Include custom messages that will let your users know that the task is started and that the task is due. 

• Thank you so much for your help Mike, much appreciated.

Erin

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You're welcome! 

This discussion has been closed.