Welcome The Hidden Genius Project our new Sponsor X, to the community

Options
Arsineh
Arsineh Employee Admin
edited 05/02/23 in Sponsor X

We’re thrilled to introduce you to The Hidden Genius Project, our new Sponsor X

The Oakland-based nonprofit trains and mentors Black male youth in technology creation, entrepreneurship, and leadership skills to transform their lives and their communities. 

Meet three Geniuses  

Paris Irving - Genius Fellow Educator, OAK3

Described as a self-taught technological spirit, always skating with an unbridled joy about learning new things, Paris has been with The Hidden Genius Project since 2015 and helps teach youth at the Oakland Youth Center.

Brendan Kariithi - RICH5 Hidden Genius Alum

For Brendan, math concepts and theories just click. His passion is to have a career in electrical engineering. He is a student body leader in his high school where he’s working on a project to create a resource area in his school for video editing and 3D printing.

Hesten Parrish - OAK7 Hidden Genius Alum

Growing up in East Oakland, Heston wanted to be part of The Hidden Genius Project from the time he wrote his first code in middle school. Winner of numerous debate awards, he also practices Taekwondo, and is a pilot in training.

Powering the work that matters with McLaren Racing

During the United States Grand Prix, we’re swapping out our spot on McLaren Racing F1 cars for The Hidden Genius Project. As part of Sponsor X — an idea that doesn’t focus on what our company does, but the work that matters — we’re taking the media and marketing support we’d normally use to promote our company and directing it to The Hidden Genius Project.

Help us spread awareness

Add the "I support The Hidden Genius Project" badge to your profile.

Share on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. Help us support The Hidden Genius Project and donate.

Share your experience and tell us: 

OR

Comments

• Alison Clancy
    Alison Clancy Employee Admin
    Options

Paris, Brendan, Hesten, and the rest of the Geniuses are so inspiring. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Can't wait to see what they accomplish in the future.

• Jaime Shaw
    Options

This is such an amazing program!

• ZebraCS_Josh
    Options

This is a brilliant idea. I benefited from a program much like this long ago. I look forward to participating and finding more hidden geniuses out there! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Josh Garcia|josh@zebracs.com

Zebra Consulting Services🦓ZebraCS.com

• B. McNabb
    Options

I'm so happy to have learned about this community. Although my corporate restrictions didn't allow me to easily re-post, I happily hopped on my mobile to get the work around in ;) I am now following this great cause and happy to share it with my network. Thank you!

Breanna L. McNabb

• Cassi
    Cassi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Deanna has been my inspiration to learn and integrate this system in my everyday life!

• Sherry Fox
    Sherry Fox ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Hidden Genius Project is such an awesome program. Paris Irving, Brendan Kariithi and Hesten Parrish are all outstanding and offer an abundance to the program and their communities. Reading their stories inspires me to be better at what I do. As time continues, I am confident they will each continue to do even more remarkable things!

Sherry Fox

Project Analyst | Core Quality Services (QMS Transformation)

Medtronic

EAP | Mobilizer | Automagician | Superstar | Community Champion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryfox/

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I love seeing young men challenging their contemporaries to work hard, strive for good, and make life count. Well done, Paris, Brendan, and Hesten!

This matters across the globe, regardless of race. Yet, we must acknowledge that our surroundings influence us or dampen our spirits. We need people who will help us go down a good path.

Let each of us be mindful of those around us and how an encouraging word, a helping hand, and being a purposeful, available presence in our own neighborhoods can be a beacon just like The Hidden Genius Project.

• Cassi
    Cassi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a great opportunity for the young minds of our future!

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Amazing work, great people

Itai Perez

Project Manager | Transformation Department

Gong cha

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez-740543116/

• Marco Angelo Cruz
    Options

This is a great initiative to catapult these young minds into geniuses of the future!

• Erik Baerresen
    Options

Absolutely thrilled to chat about The Hidden Genius Project—it's nothing short of extraordinary! Paris Irving, Brendan Kariithi, and Hesten Parrish are the beating heart of this transformative initiative. Each one brings a wealth of talent and dedication that not only elevates the program but also enriches their communities in immeasurable ways. Diving into their stories is an absolute jolt of inspiration, pushing me to raise the bar in my own pursuits. And you know what? As the clock ticks forward, I'm buzzing with certainty that these trailblazers will continue to shatter expectations and achieve even more awe-inspiring feats! Keep an eye on them—their journeys are just getting started, and the future is brighter because of their contributions. 🌟

• Alison Clancy
    Alison Clancy Employee Admin
    Options

Beautifully said @Erik Baerresen! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Discover Girlstart

Unlock the badge & Support Girlstart

Support Girlstart and help nurture the next generation of visionaries