Calendar View on Mobile App

I have a few questions about the Calendar View on the mobile app. I thought it was possible to view the calendar in a monthly format, but I can only see a weekly format on the mobile app. Is it possible to switch to a monthly view?

Also, my filters don't seem to be applied in the mobile app, which makes the calendar very messy. I have headers and other rows of data that don't need to be viewed in the calendar (only used in the table view), so I have a filter to remove this data in calendar view. It works fine on desktop, but I can't seem to filter on mobile.

Finally, there doesn't seem to be any view on mobile (calendar, table, gantt, etc) where you can edit dates for tasks. Unfortunately that's a huge disadvantage and would be the reason we would need to move away from the app. Our construction superintendant in the field needs to be able to edit task dates on his ipad on-site, he won't really have a computer on-site and doesn't come into the office.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @South Haven Homes

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible now to view in monthly view or use filters in the calendar view, but both are excellent ideas!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

You should be able to edit the date in the Mobile View easily

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 10/24/22

Hi @South Haven Homes

1) The Calendar View in Mobile will show you a Week-Month view as a default, where you can scroll to the left or right to see the full month. If you want to zoom in/out to display different timelines in the screen, you can use two fingers to pinch and zoom in or out.

2) In regards to filters, you're correct that currently Filters do not apply via the Mobile version of Smartsheet in Calendar View.

You can submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

3) For editing dates, the ability to edit a cell directly in the Mobile app will have to do with what type of date it is.

If you're using a formula to generate a date then it won't be editable. Or, if this sheet is using Dependencies set up Project Settings, then the End Date won't be editable (since it's generated based on the Start Date and the Duration). See: Enable Dependencies and Use Predecessors

That said, you should be able to edit the Start Date or any regular Date columns being used:

You can also update the Duration to push out the End Date of the task.

Cheers!

Genevieve