Why can't we delete attachments in Dynamic View?

Options
Thomas Bostwick
Thomas Bostwick ✭✭✭✭
edited 10/26/22 in Smartsheet Basics

The whole point of a Dynamic View is to provide a better look and feel than a grid or report. I don't understand why a simple function like deleting a file you have to go to the source sheet.

Comments

• Naren
    Naren ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a requirement where an attachment must be deleted from within a dynamic view. Is there any workaround for this? Asking users to go to the source sheet to delete it is not a preferred option.

• I am in total agreement. We have 20 Hospital Facility users and it will become very unmanageable for myself to keep up with users request to delete multiple files that may have been inadvertently uploaded to the incorrect row.

Which btw, is another feature that is so missing in DV - Theres no feature for users to highlight the rows in anyway and so sometimes your eyes plays tricks on you and its all too easy to click on the wrong row to update. Sadly we have sheets with as much as 80 columns average...

Deleting a row in DV would also be another great feature to have....just my 3 cents as an avid user.

but I still love smartsheets but its certainly got room for improvements!😊