Salesforce Connector Use Cases

Options
Cleversheet
Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 11/21/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

How have you used the Connector to achieve meaningful beneficial results in your organization?

Searching this Community in particular as well as Google in general, I’m seeing plenty of advice on HOW to integrate Smartsheet and Salesforce, but precious little on WHY.

Our Salesforce team has been reluctant to embrace Smartsheet. They sorta see Smartsheet as a distraction, a stepchild; this has inhibited our pace of Smartsheet adoption. I’d like to show that really cool things could happen by leveraging the specialties of each platform. My hunch is that’s possible.

Can you help me make the [use] case?

Answers

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

Hi @Cleversheet,

In my experience, some of them main use cases for the Smartsheet Salesforce connector usually include cases where you need to be able to surface Salesforce data outside of Salesforce for folks to be able to leverage it. For example, bringing in information from multiple sources (Salesforce & other systems) into a single sheet in Smartsheet for tracking or calculation purposes. I've also seen cases where organizations will use it in conjunction with Control Center to kick off customer engagement project plans automatically once an opportunity has closed in Salesforce. As just a few common use cases!

Best,

Danielle

Product Marketing Manager, Smartsheet

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, @Danielle Wilson. Good to know. I hope some others will also be able to provide additional stories of great ways to optimize the Smartsheet/Salesforce handshake. If you know of any customers who could be tapped to chime in here, that'd be cool.

• Brandi T
    Brandi T ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Cleversheet - just curious if you have had anyone else provide you with some use cases, perhaps off this platform? We are really interested in pursuing the Smartsheet+Salesforce Connector, but would like some existing customer feedback as well.

Happy creating!

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alas not, @Brandi T. I suppose people happily using it are not coming over to Community to find threads where they can celebrate that. Not sure how to elicit their stories. :/