Can you add an editable checkbox field to a report

I have created a rolled up report of trail expiration dates and deadlines and would like to have the option to mark if the trail was extended directly on the reported list results.

It doesn't look like there is an option to add editable fields in a report - is there another way around this?

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Lindsey Digue,

Fortunately Reports allow bi-directional updates. Meaning you can update the data via the log (grid/sheet) and see it on the report, or you can update via the report and see the changes in the log. Just make sure you have the column in your log as well as on your report. You can't add new lines via a report, but you can edit existing.

The user will have to have Edit permissions to the underlying sheet.

Hope this helps!

BRgds,

-Ray

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Lindsey Digue

I hope you're well and safe!

If you have access to the sheet(s) that the Report is referencing and have the correct permissions, you should be able to edit the Report.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.