Indenting Programmatically

Hi. Is there any way to indent a row in the primary column programmatically? My thought is, I would like to have a form linked to a worksheet that folks could use to submit new entries to the worksheet. The form would have 2 fields, Parent Task and Task Level.

The Parent Task field, combined with the Task Level field, would indicate where the new line item should be slotted on the sheet, and how many indentations to apply to the field in the primary column based on the Task Level. If both fields are blank, then the new task is just added on the first available row. I'm fairly new to SmartSheet and, as far as I know, all form entries are added to the row below the last populated row in the spreadsheet, and any indentation would have to be done manually.

Just curious, though it would be a fantastic, useful feature.

Answers

• Hi @EV_1

You are correct: all form submissions come in as new, fresh rows without hierarchy applied, and you would need to then arrange/apply your hierarchy manually after the data has come in.

You can submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now