Anyone else having a problem with wrong start and end dates today?

I came to work this morning to a schedule that looks destroyed. Many tasks that are 1d in duration are now showing up as two days, not sure if I should spend the next 8 hours fixing everything manually, or if it is a Smartsheet problem that will be corrected...

Answers

• CrucialVelocity
    edited 11/04/22

It looks like whatever is causing this happened around 7pm EST yesterday (November 3rd), as the sheet was open on my computer, and it autosaved the changes at 7:10pm in all affected cells (thousands).

The bug is also affecting sheets I haven't opened in months, when I do this morning, all the dates are not what they should be...

• Hi @CrucialVelocity

I saw your other thread here, with Noelle and responded there so I could tag both of you at the same.

For anyone else looking at this thread, I'm able to replicate this behaviour: using either SF or FF with Predecessors unexpectedly pushes the Start Date of that task to be one day earlier than it should be, even though the Duration and Gantt bars are correctly displayed:

I've raised this with our Support team and they are currently investigating the behaviour.

In the meantime, I see you have a Support ticket open as well. Please keep following-up with Support directly, providing the team with any additional information requested.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi Genevieve,

Is their a fix for above, I am having this issue. It is also causing issues with Resource Manager showing resources as over assigned due to this issue when they are not.

Thanks,

Michael

• Hi @Mike Cu

The above was resolved in 2022 - I'm unable to replicate what you're seeing right now.

Would you be able to post a longer screen capture showing what the previous tasks are dependent on?

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now