How do I enter criteria to return specific results, but not using filters or dynamic view?

I'm curious if anyone has an in-sheet solution for this. I have a lot of data related to store information (store #, address, software versions, regional manager name, etc.). It encompasses all information about a store location and there are over 1800.

Is there a way to build a sheet so you can type in the store # and return the results related to that store? I don't think dynamic view will work because the intention isn't to limit what someone can view.

I don't think it makes sense to set up 1800 filters in a single sheet either as that would be insanely time consuming and the stores could change making the list unmanageable.

I'm open to any suggestions to point me in the right direction. I have pivot, dynamic view, calendar, data mesh, etc. I'm open to building the source sheet with all the info and then having a report or something else to return the results needed.

Answers

• Christian G.
    Christian G. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @BethWork

Can you share a screenshot of the sheet where the store information are?

I'm thinking of using a dropdown list to select a store same/number/IDKey and then using a convulated COLLECT funciton to get the store you look for.

It can be done in the same sheet or another one.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @BethWork

I hope you're well and safe!

I recently created something similar for a client where we used a form or sheet in a dashboard cell to select/type and then submit/save, and then the dashboard reloaded with the correct information.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:[email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!