Automatically add a new sheet to a report

NADamewood
edited 11/09/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I am so sorry. I have googled this question, and seen the same answer over and over. It simply is NOT working, or I am missing a simple little trick.

I have a Workspace created. Lets call it "Training" for this example.

Inside that workspace, the root, I have dashboards and 2 folders "Employees" and "Reports"

The employees folder is many sheets, each sheet is one employee with all their onboarding, training, information and all that jazz.

The reports folder has 2 dozen reports that feed my dashboards.

Here is what I am not understanding, I am working in a workspace, and when I add a new sheet (a new employee), I have to go and manually add that sheet to all 2 dozen reports. Is there something really basic I am missing here?

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @NADamewood

I hope you're well and safe!

If you select the Workspace in each Report, it will update automatically with all sheets you add to that Workspace.

Make senses?

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• NADamewood
    Answer ✓

Ugh. I figured it out. It was something incredibly simple, and a little baffling. I knew I was missing something incredibly fundamental from the simplicity of all the answers here and on google.

You must choose the "Root of the Workspace." It cannot be a folder, it cannot be anything other than the "Entire Workspace".

I am a little disappointed that you cannot choose a folder inside the workspace and have the same functionality, but I can work around it with a little changing the names of columns and rows in my sheets so I don't have conflicting data.

Answers