Issue Adding Users to My Workspace

PaulAtherton
PaulAtherton ✭✭
edited 11/10/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I am having severe difficulty adding users from external organizations to the intended collaborative workspace i've created.

The issues i am having sharing the workspace are as per below

- I have tried sharing the workspaces via the share button in the top right and sending via email. Unfortunately these emails appear to be blocked by a Cisco firewall. This is an external firewall provider that appear to represent many companies so they are unable to add the emails to a trusted source Instead of an email

i have tried sharing the link directly by copying and pasting it into an email which i then send myself. The email arrives but the link itself is blocked by the firewall as a potential phishing link.

All users can access the main smartsheet.com site and i tried to invite these users to create accounts matching the emails i have invited in the hope that the incite arrives as a notification in the app - sadly it does not.

Both the users are listed in my workspace as having share and edit permissions but it does not appear on their workspace list.

My final attempt was to try and make one of these persons a licensed user to try and make sure it pulled them into the workspace. This didn't work either but on logging on to their account, the user was still not in the workspace and still had the notification bar saying they were an unlicensed user - it appears my contacts i have do not communicate with the corresponding accounts?

I would really appreciate some help on this - I had promoted use of the platform in my organization but can't invite some of the key parties to collaborate.

Thanks,

Paul

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PaulAtherton

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

I'd recommend you reach out to your IT department because they should be able to allow it, so it works.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I have the same issue. For some odd reason Smartsheet hyperlink is changed / redirected to another http which really looks suspicious. Our company has Withsecure firewall and same issue as Paul. My opinion is that Smartsheet should correct this.

BR Kaj