How do you surface an "About this sheet" blurb on a sheet?

Marc Shecter
Marc Shecter ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 11/15/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I'd like to have an "About this sheet" blurb on a sheet. That blurb would be a few sentences long. Ideally I would want a way to have a message popup to the user upon first entering the sheet, that they can dismiss and never see again; I don't think there's a way to do that in Smartsheet.

I'm considering Summary fields, but I don't see a way to make the summary fields pane open by default. Also, there's using and locking a row at the top of the sheet that has my blurb, but then it's always present.

I'm curious how others surface this kind of info to their users of a sheet.

Thanks,

Marc

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Marc Shecter

I hope you're well and safe!

What I sometimes do in my client solutions.

• At the top of the sheet or where it makes sense, I'd add something like, Please have a look in the (one of the below options) for information about this sheet.
    • Sheet Conversation Section
    • Sheet Summary Section
    • Comment on the row

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers