Using Formulae within Smartsheet Reports

Hi all,

I am working on a project to aggregate data on a pan-European level with different Smartsheet files, a file per country. I bring all these different country Smartsheet files together using the Smartsheet report functionality.

Some of the country data is in local currency and/or in square feet. I would like to have all data in EUR and in square meters and was hoping to add a new column in the report where I can add a formula that reference a mapping table to pull in the right exchange rate and conversions, so I can convert everything into Euros and square meters.

I have not found anything that shows that this is possible? Does anyone have experience with this and/or know if this is possible?

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers
    Answer ✓

Hi @BramdR

The report will pull in the columns from each of your country sheets but cant perform an active calculation on that data.

You will need to perform the conversions in the country sheets and then pull through those aligned EUR and sqm columns instead of the local country data.

So its most likely you will need to add two columns to each of those country sheets to hold your formulas and the converted EUR and sqm values for each row etc.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

Answers

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers
    Answer ✓

Hi @BramdR

The report will pull in the columns from each of your country sheets but cant perform an active calculation on that data.

You will need to perform the conversions in the country sheets and then pull through those aligned EUR and sqm columns instead of the local country data.

So its most likely you will need to add two columns to each of those country sheets to hold your formulas and the converted EUR and sqm values for each row etc.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul