Is there a Formula to Insert Rows Based on Criteria?

BTMarketingOps
BTMarketingOps ✭✭✭✭
edited 11/23/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I have 2 sheets, 1 that holds subsets of tasks, and a master sheet where work is assigned. If I want to add a subset of tasks to my master sheet based on criteria in another column, how would I achieve that? So if in my master sheet LP | Legacy Site Landing Page w/o Form is selected from the dropdown, the formula would look at that criteria, find that same criteria in my lookup sheet (sheet 2) and populate the subset of tasks (child tasks) for that criteria. Not sure if I am explaining that right. Images attached. So in Image 1, I want the child tasks in Image 2 to populate as child rows under the parent row named Story.

Tags:

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi @BTMarketingOps ,

There isn't currently an automated way in Smartsheet to import tasks based on selected values in your sheet. When you have a moment, please submit your feature request to the Product team by signing in to the online Community (the Community uses your Smartsheet account to sign in) and create an Idea post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic

Posting your enhancement in the Community will allow other Smartsheet users to see and vote on your idea! The top-voted posts in this category are reviewed monthly by the Product team and you'll receive an email notification if a status changes for a post you've created or voted on. 

I've discussed similar queries here and here and Control Center could be the best option if it's available for you. Otherwise maybe create different templates for each project type that can be downloaded as needed (not based on data input in the master sheet) this way each project will be provisioned separately in individual sheets. If you'd need a consolidated view of all projects you could then scope them using a Report.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio