Report not linking to line on source sheet

Hello,

We have a number of sheets and use reports to prioritise work from these sheets.

In our reports we have the source sheet column identified which links back to the sheet.

It used to link to the exact line on the source sheet but for some reason now goes to the top of the sheet so we then have to search for it

Any ideas why please?

Many thanks

Answers

• Hi @AndrewC

Sheet Links in Row Reports should still bring you to the row in the source sheet; I've tested on my own account and the functionality works as expected.

However, Summary Report Sheet Links will bring you to the source sheet in general. Is it possible that the Report you're looking at is a Summary Report, not a Row Report?

If it is a Row Report, but the links aren't sending you to the correct row, I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support. They'll need a screen recording of the behaviour, if it happens to all reports or just one, the Report and Source Sheet links, and a list of the browsers you've tried.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• AndrewC
    AndrewC ✭✭

Many thanks Genevieve - it is a summary report and for some reason has just stopped working as it has done for many years - I have raised a case with Smartsheet support.