Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Groups and workspace sharing

Carlos Santos
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi.

2 similar situations:

1) I created a group with 2 users (me and one other licensed user) then I created a new workspace and shared it with that group (editor - can share) but now I can create sheets within the workspace but he cannot (although he sees the one I create) :-/

2) One other difficulty I have with another group is that I created a group of licensed users and gave them permissions over an entire workspace. But now, when I create a new sheet inside that workplace the users in that group don't have access to the sheet and I have to give them permissions individually.

Users belong to a group, group has permissions over workspace, sheets in that workspace should be accessible to all group users by default. But that's not what's happening. What am I missing?!

Thank you!

Comments

• HI Carlos,

I'll answer your questions in the order delivered:

1. Only Admins can create sheets in a workspace. You'll need to change the group sharing permissions to Admin in order for them to create sheets in, or move sheets they own into that workspace.

2. It sounds like you either didn't give them sharing permissions and instead only gave them sharing permissions on individual items in the workspace. Make sure that everyone is actually in the group and that you don't see Workspace + when looking at the sharing column on the right side of the workspace (when looking at your workspace in the Home tab. More info on this is available in our Help Center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522067-workspace-sharing#review_permissions

If you're still experiencing issues with this after trying the above, please reach out to our Support team.

This discussion has been closed.