Email Notifications not going through

I have an email notification sending a single email notification to three contact list fields. One field seems to work all the time. I am troubleshooting the other two. Are their any restrictions on contact list fields in an email notification? I have the automation permissions set to unrestricted. My recipients have indicated they are not going to their spam folder. All recipients are Smartsheet account holders.

Is there a way to debug the automation? Everything I see tells me the automation triggered, ran and at least some of the notifications were sent.

Thanks

Answers

• Hi @Earl Tessmer

Can you check to see if those contacts are receiving the notification within the App (in the bell icon)? This will help to identify if there's an issue with the workflow or if the workflow is correct but there's something blocking the email.

If they are seeing the notification in-app, then this indicates that there's something stopping the email getting into their inbox and your workflow is fine. Is it possible that these contacts are using a different service to filter their email content as well (e.g like Mimecast)?

This Help Article has more information: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Earl Tessmer
    Earl Tessmer ✭✭✭✭

That's a good point Genevieve.

These folks have been getting Smartsheet emails all along. But there may be something different going on here.

Thanks

• Did you receive any update on this issue? Or did it get resolved? Because the same happened to my team. Normally receiving notifications but all of a sudden not happening

• Earl Tessmer
    Earl Tessmer ✭✭✭✭

Hello

My context is I have logic in my sheet that populates recipients. I've treated this as a race condition where the notification process triggers before the update is done. I've re-written the trigger logic to wait until the recipients are not blank before it runs.