Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Combine automation alerts for assignee

Options

I would like to suggest a way to combine all email automation alerts into one alert if the assignee is meets a trigger multiple times. If they have 3 tasks due on the same day (from the same sheet), instead of receiving 3 separate alerts, the tasks could all be combined into one email (and list out each of those tasks in the email body with {{}}. Thank you!

2 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Anne77

You can do this if you're the creator of the workflow and set the timing to be either hourly or daily! See: Trigger frequent, change-based automations in batches

If this hasn't helped, it would be helpful to know your specific use-case (what's your trigger, what's the action, etc).

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Anne77
    Anne77 ✭✭
    Options

I was thinking more from my own perspective. If I have others constantly tagging me in conversation or if I'm receiving alerts on row updates, is there a way for me to control how many times in the day Smartsheet sends me all of those alerts?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

I see, thanks for clarifying @Anne77!

No, there currently isn't a way to configure when you personally receive alerts/emails from Smartsheet; the timing will be based on the Workflow that's been configured.

You can update your Personal Settings to indicate how you'd like these alerts to be received (e.g. you can set @mentions to only show up in-app instead of sending you an email) but this doesn't include timing. Thanks for posting your idea.

Cheers,

Genevieve