Populate dropdown values based on value in another column

I have two columns (Functional Area and Workstream), there are about a dozen Functional Areas and each has between 1 and 4 Workstreams. What I would like to do is make the valid values for Workstream based on what is selected in that row for Functional Area. Is this possible? Thank you!

Answers

• Hi @Scott McNeill

It's not currently possible to show/hide values in one specific dropdown column based on a selection in another column in Smartsheet - when you have a moment, please add your Vote and voice to this Idea post: Dynamic dropdowns - Waterfall request

That said, you can conditionally show/hide fields in a Form based on a selection in another column. In this instance you would create multiple Dropdown Columns, each with the specific list associated with your Functional Area. Then in the Form you would only show the relevant column with the associated list using Conditional Logic. I hope that helps!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thanks for your reply Genevieve, I commented on the Dynamic dropdowns post per your suggestion. I will look into the Form idea as well.