Drop-down arrows disappearing from cells

I have a smartsheet I have been using for the past 8+ years. Suddenly in the last couple of months, columns I have set up to be a drop-down list no longer show the arrow you click on when you click in the cell to open up the list. Sometimes the problem goes away for a little while after the computer has been restarted, but it keeps returning.

I am able to see the drop-down list by clicking in the cell and then double clicking the upper right corner of the cell (where the arrow would normally display) so I can still select from the list but it is obviously very annoying.

The same problem is happening with columns I have setup up to select a date - where I could normally click on the icon to open the calendar nothing displays.

I saw someone else post about this and there was response from Smartsheet saying they were aware of the problem and working on it. However, that post was from 2019, and I never encountered this till recently.

Anyone have any idea of what could be causing this?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @dfox

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

Have you tested it in another browser and the current one in Incognito mode? Also, try to log out and in again.

Did that fix it?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Signing out and signing back in does fix the problem. But as I have said, the problem reappears after a while. So it is still annoying. And i can't figure out anything that woudl have caused it to start happening in the first place.