Dashboard Chart shows "No Data to Display" for 0 values

Hello, I have looked at a couple other questions about this already but I cant seem to understand how to fix my specific situation using those answers. I have a Column chart with an X and Y axis on a Dashboard. The chart itself is being filled by a Report filtering the last 30 days. The "Created" and "Score" columns are what I am using for my chart. The score has been 0 for the last 30 days so it shows 0 as you can see. However, it also is showing the No Data to Display error and I need that gone. The chart is accurate so I don't want that error message there. Below is the chart I am working on and the columns from the Report.

Thank you,

CRUSJ

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Did you adjust the visible decimals on the metrics sheet that is feeding these widgets? I do this all the time with no issue.

In the below, you will see that I added 0.00001 and then adjusted the visible decimals to only show the whole number. When referenced in a metrics widget on the dashboard, it also only shows the whole number.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

How exactly is the score currently being calculated?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• CRUSJ
    CRUSJ ✭✭

@Paul Newcome

Hi Paul, here is the score formula and the columns that it is pulling from

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try wrapping that whole thing in a SUM function so that it is definitely outputting a number value.

If that doesn't work, add 0.00001 to the end and then adjust decimals so that they don't show.

=SUM(IF(..........) + IF(..........) + IF(..........)) + 0.00001

The decimals will store on the back end so that you technically have a value greater than zero (will force something to display on your chart) but the visible data will still show as "0" once you adjust the decimals.

10xViz.com

• CRUSJ
    CRUSJ ✭✭

Hi Paul, So I tried both of those. Wrapping it in a =SUMIF did not make any change. Adding the decimals ends up reporting that score in another widget of the Dashboard like the picture, and that wont work. Plus, there are dozens of these dashboards. So far, only three of the dashboards are having this "No Data to Display" issue but the dashboards themselves still have to look consistently the same.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Did you adjust the visible decimals on the metrics sheet that is feeding these widgets? I do this all the time with no issue.

In the below, you will see that I added 0.00001 and then adjusted the visible decimals to only show the whole number. When referenced in a metrics widget on the dashboard, it also only shows the whole number.

10xViz.com

• CRUSJ
    CRUSJ ✭✭
    edited 12/18/22

@Paul Newcome

So that works for my chart, I got rid of the No Data to Display error. Thank you! I had made a copy of the sheet I was working on but I didn't update the chart with the report for the duplicated sheet. So it was still pulling from the original report.

But now I cant get my widget to display just a 0 instead of 0.00001. Any thoughts on that? I did change the decimal point on the sheet that its pulling from. The sheet column currently shows all 0's all the down.

EDIT: Figured it out! I ended up making a second duplicate column on the sheet that I am pulling from that does not have the +0.0001 and made a sheet summary formula using that column. Now I am using that particular sheet summary formula to fill the widgets on my page instead of the column I am using to fill the chart in. Thanks for your help Paul! I only figured it out after you set me in the right direction.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@CRUSJ Glad you got it working, but I have never needed to use duplicate columns or sheet summaries. I have always been able to do it directly in the calculation columns as shown in my screenshot. If it is not working that way, then you may have a little bit of a bug somewhere and could consider reaching out to Support (in case it is a sign of something else that may be broken).

10xViz.com