'Change Cell Value' Automation Has Stopped Working

Options

Hi all,

I have the below automation in place on one of my sheets. It was working for a short time, but within the last week it has completely stopped.

For context, the 'Shot By CQ' column is formula based and automatically stars itself when conditions are met in one of my other sheets.

This seems simple in theory, but I'm aware that certain functions can block automation triggers.

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you!

Tags:

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/14/22 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @estineford

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Paul's excellent advice/answer.

Correct!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• If you can change the trigger to it being date/time triggered instead, it should work.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@estineford That is correct. The best we can do with cross sheet references is setting up the automation to be date triggered and use that cell containing the cross sheet reference as a condition. If you need it more frequently than daily, you can adjust the time when setting up a date based trigger and then duplicate it for a different hour.

Answers