Multiple actions to the same role

Ricardo Correa
edited 12/13/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I am setting up a smartsheet to manage risks. For each risk, there will be a mitigation plan that can have many actions and each of them will have a different owner/assign. Right now, I am duplicating or more the line/risk and adding new actions to the same risk. It doesnt look the way I wanted and the management of it is harder. I am wondering if it is possible to add multiple tasks to the same risk without the need to duplicate the risk.

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Ricardo Correa

Here's your basic structure. Mitigation Action is a multi-select column. The Assignee columns are Contact List columns.

To assign your owners, you can use column formulas using the HAS function in the Assignee columns to assign the owner.

*Alternatively, you could use automation rules to assign the rows when the mitigation action changes (one automation rule for each Assignee column - multiple condition paths in one rule won't work correctly with this structure.)

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers