VLOOKUP with multiple reference sheets

Options

Good afternoon!

I attempted to use this template to create a multiple cross-sheet reference VLOOKUP. It works for the first three sheets but everything after the first three makes the formula unparseable.

Any chance I can get some help? I have a handful more to add after this (a total of 36 sheets) but I wanted to try and get these first nine working first.

Thanks!

Formula:

=IFERROR(IFERROR(VLOOKUP([Service Order #]@row, {EIM1}, 2, 0), VLOOKUP([Service Order #]@row, {EIM2}, 2, 0)), VLOOKUP([Service Order #]@row, {EIM3}, 2, 0)), VLOOKUP([Service Order #]@row, {EIM4}, 2, 0), VLOOKUP([Service Order #]@row, {EIM5}, 2, 0), VLOOKUP([Service Order #]@row, {EIM6}, 2, 0), VLOOKUP([Service Order #]@row, {EIM7}, 2, 0), VLOOKUP([Service Order #]@row, {EIM8}, 2, 0), VLOOKUP([Service Order #]@row, {EIM9}, 2, 0)))

(As mentioned, the first three references work and then it dies :( )

BAD:

GOOD:

Tags:

Answers

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/20/22
    Options

I believe it will have to do with the parenthesis. Just looking at your formula you have differing amounts of parenthesis at the end of the VLOOKUP's and think it closed out your IfError formulas that you need to apply to the entire formula.

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@bncole21 What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

((Technically, have you researched the INDEX function? I find it more reliable than VLOOKUP))

But first, what are you looking to do? Why does your original structure have 36?? separate sheets if the data needs to be combined?

dm

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!