Automations Not Triggering

Mike TV
Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all. I see that there is currently a SmartSheet Status posting that Automation editing and creating are having problems. However, my problem is that my Automations are not firing off at all. I have to manually execute them and any that are email notifications with a request for update can take 10mins to receive the email after manually triggering them.

I'm about to contact SmartSheet Support. However, I wanted to know if it's just me or if others are seeing the same Automations problems as well.

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mike TV,

My automations are still firing. However whether they go on their own, or if I manually execute them, 8 minutes or so is pretty typical for me to see any emails arrive.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ray Lindstrom

Ya my job is pretty complex so having to pause a task for 10mins and come back to it while I wait for Automations to fire off can cause things to get missed. They really need to fix this or else their platform isn't very convenient or usable for my processes.

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/21/22

@Mike TV,

I understand. I find it very inconvenient myself. The "when triggered" option is not real-time. I believe part is because the automation engine runs every minute or two. I really don't know the exact frequency. Then it has to execute automations, running through many. Then it reaches the one I'm waiting on having executed. It has to run that job to send an email. That email probably goes through Smartsheet's email server, gets scanned, etc..

Even though my company's email server still have to scan and deliver emails, most of the 8 or so minutes is not caused by my company. This is proven by sending emails to myself from external accounts, and seeing them arrive within 1-2 minutes. That means the Smartsheet side is taking a good 6 minutes of the 8 or so I experience.