Reports

Options

Hello,

In MS Access, you can do relationships between tables so you can see information from different tables when populating reports regardless of what the columns are as long as the relationships match, ex...I download 2 separate excel reports Excel 1 has a Name column and Beginner Excel Training Status column, and Excel 2 has a Name column and Intermediate Excel Training Status column. I create a relationship between Tables 1 and 2, and when I run a query, I can get both the Basic and Intermediate columns together. Then make a report with it. I have to do it this way because the reports I download are individual reports and not grouped.

(Beginner Access Table)

(Intermediate Access Table)

(End Result)

However, when I try this with Smartsheet report, this is what I get...

Does anyone know how to create a report from 2 different sheets to show up in their own individual lines as MS Access does? I know that I can create a master copy where all the info is linked to, but the numbers that I'm dealing with go beyond 200 along with several columns worth of statuses. So if a link gets messed up then I'm spending more time fixing it rather than my job.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

Smartsheet does not function this way unfortunately. If you have premium addon "Data Mesh" you can achieve something similar (although it is essentially a vlookup tool with some extra features). Or you just have to use cross sheet references and index/match formulas to bring data where you want it.

Answers

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

Smartsheet does not function this way unfortunately. If you have premium addon "Data Mesh" you can achieve something similar (although it is essentially a vlookup tool with some extra features). Or you just have to use cross sheet references and index/match formulas to bring data where you want it.

• Smartsheet User 99
    Options

kind of figured that would be the case. Thank you.

Hey Smartsheet! here's your next big update.