Data Shuttle Functionality?

I can't find any documentation, nor have I successfully produced the result I am looking for. My question is, are you able to use data shuttle and import an excel workbook with multiple tabs of data and have each tab map to its own, unique sheet in Smartsheet?

Tags:

Answers

• Jeff_Berman
    Jeff_Berman ✭✭✭✭

Turns out I did find something. Now I'm looking for help with this concept:

You can also create multiple workflows using a common data category to distribute the data into multiple sheets. You can offload up to 20,000 rows. 

• Hi @Jeff_Berman,

Which specific part there are you looking for help with and what are you looking to do?

You can use filters in Data Shuttle to upload portions of the data into multiple sheets (with multiple workflows) and Data Shuttle can also be used to offload data from Smartsheet.

Best,

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• Jeff_Berman
    Jeff_Berman ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Danielle Wilson ,

I have 1 CSV with 5000 + rows of data. In one column I have a unique ID and I am trying to parse the data into individual intake sheets via data shuttle. There are 160 unique IDs which would translate to mapping from 1 sheet in excel to 160 individual sheets in Smartsheet.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Hi @Jeff_Berman,

The "unique identifier" called out in Data Shuttle would expect that each row in the 5000 rows would have its own unique identifier and unfortunately to pull in the data to 160 different sheets, that would require 160 Data Shuttle workflows, which is likely not the most efficient way you could achieve this.

I'd recommend you reach out to your account's Customer Success Manager and book some time to discuss options for achieving your desired end results with them!

Best,

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• Jeff_Berman
    Jeff_Berman ✭✭✭✭

@Danielle Wilson

Thank you and that makes sense. This is only a one time event - having so many rows of data and a need for 160 sheets/workflows. I agree it isn't the optimal way and I will find another solution. Thank you for the follow-up and happy new year.