Want a copy of automated email "Send to contacts in a cell"

Happy early 2023!

I've created an automated workflow to send a message to "Send to Contacts in a cell" but I'd also like to be copied so I know when requestors are receiving it. How can I do this?

Or is there a way to tell "who" was sent the automated email? Currently it would only tell you when the automation was last ran.

Thanks much team!

Best Answer

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Sancta Watley

Set up your trigger in the Automation and then set up 2 actions like this:

For the bottom one, you'll select yourself as the specific person. You can edit the message to include the Contact column so when you receive the message you'll even know who the first alert went to.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Sancta Watley

Set up your trigger in the Automation and then set up 2 actions like this:

For the bottom one, you'll select yourself as the specific person. You can edit the message to include the Contact column so when you receive the message you'll even know who the first alert went to.

• Sancta Watley
    Sancta Watley ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/29/22

Thanks @Mike TV! I thought about doing this but got stuck and wasn't sure it would work. Blessings to you and yours in 2023!

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sancta Watley

No problem. I tested this out and received both email alerts in my inbox. So it should work. It just takes about 3-5mins for the automation to actually send the emails. I wish they were instant. They should be!

Have a happy holidays.

• Anne S
    Anne S ✭✭

@Sancta Watley @Mike TV

This is a solution, but not a great one. I have the same request - but would be triggering several different emails to numerous people. I can't receive multiple emails myself.

There should be a Status report that lists what notification was sent to who on what date. I have experienced triggers not working as expected, and a report such as this would clarify who got what and when.

• Sancta Watley
    Sancta Watley ✭✭✭✭

I agree and see where this could get cumbersome @Anne S. Maybe you can propose this as a solution to Smartsheet? Happy New Year!!!