Elapsed duration is calculating one additional day

if I use e10d in duration column to ignore non working days its calculating one additional day, for example if I set the duration as e10d and the task start date is 01Dec2022, the end date should be 10Dec2022 right but its showing 11Dec2022 as end date.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Domnic Victor

Strange. As a test I created a project sheet with a 7 day work week and when I use 10d instead of e10d I get an end date of Dec 10th. However, when I change it to e10d I get an end date of Dec 11th. Which is strange because the 'e' in front is just supposed to:

• Elapsed time (lead with an e) indicates elapsed time duration (e3d, e5h, e3.5d, etc.). A task with a duration in elapsed time ignores non-working time. The task will start and end in the amount of time specified regardless of working day length and non-working days in the sheet.

With a project sheet set to a 7 day work week, I would assume both 10d and e10d would result to the same thing.

When I set the duration to 1d the end date is the same as the start date. So e10d shouldn't be Dec 11th it should be Dec 10th.

Since I'm getting the same thing as you, it's nothing you're doing wrong. Either someone with more knowledge than me on Project Sheets needs to explain why this is doing this or you should contact SmartSheet Support for something that isn't working correctly.

• Joseph Aloysias
    Joseph Aloysias ✭✭✭✭✭
  • @Evan Barker

I'm also running into the "one additional day" issue described here when using elapsed time. I'm hoping someone comes up with an explanation. Any ideas? I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that elapsed time ignores workday length.