Sorting a column after running Data Shuttle

I have several workflows that run in Data Shuttle to update a sheet. I want the sheet to always be sorted by "column A", but after the workflows run, I have to manually sort the sheet by "column A" in order to keep the sheet appearing correctly. Is there a way to insure the sheet is always sorted by "column A" so i don't have to sort it manually after the workflows run? I want to have the workflows set to run at certain time, with collaborators able to see the updates, but without the sheet sorted correctly, the information in the sheet is not usable.

Answers

• Hi @Mitch Cohen

What I would do in this instance is create a Row Report from the sheet and use this as the "working sheet" instead:

• Reports will stay locked in a Sort so as new rows are added or updated they will appear in the correct order.
    • You can make changes to data in a Report which will automatically show in the underlying sheet.

Please also feel free to Vote and add your voice to this Idea post in the Product Features and Ideas topic: Auto sort rows in sheet

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Chizu Hieida
    Chizu Hieida Overachievers

@Genevieve P. I wish there was easier way to convert these type of post to "New Idea" submission. I found 2 of the similar request when I was searching resolution to similar problems I currently have. Neither of them were under "New Idea" so can't "Vote" (I can vote the post but I don't think it counts as new product idea. It would be nice to have easier topic conversion from question > New Idea —- just something to think about. It removes extra steps and make it easier for new idea submission. :)

• Hey @Chizu Hieida

Thanks for your feedback! You're correct, any post/question that is here in the Community from before we launched the Product Ideas section, or that came in first as a question (and then was directed to the Ideas section) can't be auto-converted.

To help with your search though, you can filter by the Ideas section in order to only see discussions you can vote on!

If you don't find your request after filtering please feel free to create a new Idea so others can vote 🙂

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Chizu Hieida
    Chizu Hieida Overachievers

@Genevieve P. Oh darn it. maybe that'll be "New Product Idea" :D hahahaha

I did see other question article and I'm trying to create the workaround using Power Automate & Office Scripts to just do this function —- but running into hiccups and would love this function for sure. I'll see if I have a time tomorrow to submit new product idea :) Thanks!