best practice: how to handle having multiple project templates in one sheet

Hi all,

I am wondering if someone can help me on the question that I have. I have the following idea:

Whenever a project is initiated a sheet is created for the project plan (and all other relevant documents of the toolkit). To accommodate different types of projects I would need to have different project plans. My idea is to put these template projects plans in one sheet (e.g., project A, project B, project C). When the project is created within SmartSheet, the Project Manager can delete the rows of the projects he is not using. For example, he deletes all rows of the project templates for project A & C, as he is going to do a project of category B.

How would this look like within the sheet in regards to the summary? Would I need to have a summary above each project in the sheet or can I create one overall summary that can be used at the top of the sheet?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Gijs

I hope you're well and safe!

It depends. Will you use the Dependencies feature?

Have you explored having a sheet per template instead, and they could delete the other sheets or have another way only to have one of them be "activated"?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.