Project Team Resource Allocation

Hi,

Can anyone share how they're tracking their teams resources? The resource allocation is great however, it only allows me to show one team member not multiple per task. In addition, I'd need this information for executive reporting to support my teams concerns of being over allocated across projects. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Kiara,

Unfortunately, there no way to assign multiple resources to a single task. While this is something that many of us have been asking Smartsheets to implement for a long time, Smartsheets has seemingly ignored all request to address this essential feature. 

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kiara,

This might help!

Yes, assigning multiple people to a task is now available.

Please see the attached link/screenshot for more information.

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/518335-assigning-people-to-a-task

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

--

Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that you can now quickly & easily assign tasks to multiple people. To do so, check the new "Allow multiple contacts per cell" checkbox in any contact column. The cells in that column will then allow up to 20 people to be added.

You can still leave that option unchecked when you only want a single person to be assigned to a task at a time.

Adding multiple contacts to a cell is useful not only for assigning people, but also for other scenarios where you want to associate multiple stakeholders with a row. For example, you might want those people to receive notifications when the row changes, or you may want them to appear in reports and filters.

For some projects, you may want to add 2 contact columns: one for the primary owner, and another for additional team members.

We welcome you to try it out and let us know what you think.

- Daniel

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!