Finding 'send' history form a row

SarahB
SarahB
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi - Is there a way to see what was sent when using the function "Send" when selecting a specific row?  I see the activity log notes some information, but I don't see this anywhere. Am I missing it?  Is it a better practice to always CC myself to keep track of what I am sending? Thanks! SarahB

Comments

• Hi SarahB,

There currently isn't a way to track the history of your send row emails in Smartsheet, as the action of sending the email isn't tracked in the activity log. When you have a moment please submit a Product Enhancement Request using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site to let our Product team know that you'd like to have this feature added to Smartsheet.

In the mean time, you might consider keeping a log of when you send emails outside of Smartsheet and directly in your own inbox by checking the "Cc me" box before sending.

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 1.27.12 PM.png

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It would be beneficial if the []cc box could be defaulted to checked (in user settings)

Craig

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more - although I'm wondering why this isn't something that should be appearing in the Activity Log?

• Shaine,

Any update if this tracking feature is planning on being added? I ran into this issue today and it should be a feature in smartsheets. We are using smartsheets to use less email and need the audit trail in smartsheets.

Thanks!

• BJS
    BJS ✭✭✭

Is there a product enhancement request that can be linked here so we can up-vote it?

• Noble B
    Noble B ✭✭

Does anyone know if we have an update on this awesome idea?