Date Formulas

Options
pkitzens
pkitzens ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Is there a way in data matrix to do a formula to count the the number of lines with a due date today to 30 days out? I am trying to see item that will hit in the future. 

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you share a screenshot so we can see what you are referring to? 

You can do a Countif of row that are greater than today(). 

=Countifs([Date Row Title]:[Date Row Title], >Today())

If you need a cross sheet reference you can do that too. After entering =Countifs( click on the little link that reference data from another sheet in the help box that appears.. 

• pkitzens
    pkitzens ✭✭✭
    Options

I cant seem to have that work how i want. but here is screen shot

Screenshot (4).png

• pkitzens
    pkitzens ✭✭✭
    Options

it still doesnt pull anything with that formula. 

Screenshot (4).png

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It actually looks like you're trying to sum data there. That is different than count... 

Here is the sumifs formula... If you're using cross-sheet references you will need to reference one column at a time. You'll have to create each cross sheet column individually.

=Sumifs({Value column to sum from Cross Sheet}, {Date Column from Cross Sheet Reference}, >Today(30)) 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And as I read your comments, I think I might have that formula a little bit off. 

=Sumifs({Value column to sum from Cross Sheet}, {Date Column from Cross Sheet Reference}, <Today(30), {Add a new refrence to the Date column}, >Today()) 

That will sum every row that has a due date that is less than 30days from today, and is greater than today. Essentially the next 30 days. 

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!